Lattice Girders have been developed for special demands in the field of Tunneling. The system has been extensively tested and used successfully for numerous tunnel projects throughout the world.
Lattice Girders ensure an immediate support in the open span area. Contrary to standard solid-web girders, Lattice Girders are entirely integrated in the shotcrete lining; porous zones and shotcrete spray shadows are avoided.
The load-bearing capacity of Lattice Girders has been investigated with various loading tests and by numerical analysis. Flexibility regarding geometry and bearing capacity characterize this passive support system for underground applications.
- Immediate support in the excavation area
- Utilization as a true-to-form template for shotcrete application
- Easy and quick assembling, simple handling
- Optimum bond and interconnection with the shotcrete lining
- Simple adjustment and shaping to the excavation geometry
- Ideal bearing for spiles and lagging boards
- Spiles may be installed both above or through the lattice girders