DYWIDAG Prestressing Systems using Bars
DYWIDAG Prestressing Systems are world renowned for reliability and performance. They are suitable for all applications in post-tensioned and prestressed constructions. They embrace a whole range of applications from bridge construction and buildings to civil applications, above and underground.
The first ever structure built with a prototype DYWIDAG Post-Tensioning System using bars was the arch-bridge Alsleben (Germany) in 1927. From that time on, DYWIDAG has continuously improved its systems to keep up with the growing demand of modern construction technology.
In addition to the traditional bar post-tensioning system that is mainly geared towards geotechnical applications, building rehabilitation and strengthening, DSI offers a complete product line in strand prestressing (bonded, unbonded and external) as well as stay-cables and is thus able to fully serve the post-tensioning construction sector.
DYWIDAG Prestressing Systems have always combined highest safety and reliability standards with economical efficiency in their research and development. Dependable corrosion protection methods contribute to the longevity of modern construction. High system description fatigue resistance is achieved with optimized material selection and cautious detailing of all the components, especially in system assembly.
The post-tensioning system for the prestressing of structures with bars (internal bonded, unbonded and external tendons) is regulated in European Technical Approval ETA-05/0123. This ETA can be downloaded in the sidebar.
Ground anchors of up to 47 mm are provided for geotechnical applications. Additionally, DSI USA provides DYWIDAG Prestressing Systems with 65 and 75 mm threadbars.
Internal bar tendons are mainly used in concrete, composite and masonry structures. Internal unbonded and external bar tendons are used for concrete, composite, steel, timber and masonry structures. Typical applications are transversal prestressing, strengthening of bridges, rehabilitations, connection elements for steel structures and machines and temporary applications.
Advantages and Characteristics
- Easy system handling
- Robust design
- Flexible transport length due to couplers
- Also applicable for (very) short tendons due to little slip
- Used in new structures and for strengthening existing structures
- Suitable as longitudinal or transversal tendons
- Usable as shear strengthening
- Usable as straight or curved tendons
- Can be used as hangers for concrete or steel arch bridges
- Usable for the temporary or permanent connection of precast concrete elements
- Many combinations of any structural material are possible (such as steel with concrete)
- Preassembled unbonded or external tendons with permanent corrosion protection are available